Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

stacey_k
Frequent Visitor

Poor performance on Power BI Service

I am building a fairly large report using imports and scheduled refreshes with some pages containing up to 18 cards and 5 graphs. There are 7 pages and 24 queries in total, but all from the same source or manual data entries

This seems to have significantly affected the report's performance despite the pbix file being only 5MB in size.

Trying to navigate the report on the Power BI service is very difficult as a full page sometimes takes up to a minute to load all the visuals. Switching between tabs has a slow response time and also seems to re-load all the visuals on the page at every switch.

I've tried to align the report to Power BI Performance Best Practices as far as possible (with respect to requirements) but I'm not seeing much improvement.

9 REPLIES 9
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @stacey_k,

It could be a temporary issue. How about now? If it continues, please provide the information about the location of Power BI. Please refer to the snapshot below.

Poor_performance_on_Power_BI_Service

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Please see below:

Hi @stacey_k,

Not heard any issues in that cluster. I would suggest you create a support ticket here if the issue persists.

create ATicket

Best Regards,
Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @stacey_k,

Is the performance fair enough in the Desktop? Since you just consume the report when it slows down, I guess there are some measures that have heavy calculations. Can you share the file?

Best Regards,
Dale

Performance is fine on Desktop - can't share the file unfortunately due to IP concerns. Any suggestions on how I can tackle this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same observation - desktop performance is consistent.  Report refresh through the service/gateway has degraded over time and is experiencing an increased failure rate due to timeout or mashup data connection in recent weeks. There have been no notable changes to the report in several months.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I too am noticing an increasing number of timeouts and failures in recent weeks on scheduled refreshing of reports that pull data from the on-prem Jira instance via an enterprise gateway.

Typical errors are:

Hide
Scheduled9/25/2018, 2:01:27 PM9/25/2018, 2:38:47 PMFailedTimeout occurred when sending or receiving a request.
Cluster URI:WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:46dc7a06-0771-4bc8-8829-b211310a761f
Request ID:d015bffa-e32c-4f7c-9810-1a006e2e63d8
Time:2018-09-25 19:38:47Z

and 

Details Type Start End Status Message

Hide
On demand9/26/2018, 12:05:36 PM9/26/2018, 12:25:57 PMFailedCannot connect to the mashup data source. See error details for more information.
Underlying error code:-2147467259 Table: Story Burndown.
Underlying error message:The operation has timed out
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult:-2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason:DataSource.Error
Cluster URI:WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:f4517f00-cfb7-4b26-96d4-7399e040f795
Request ID:dff9992d-203e-cb7e-48a5-c12d3e50b99e
Time:2018-09-26 17:25:57

henriquesilveir
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hello, @stacey_k , are you using Import Data or Direct? 

It seems you are using Direct, because, when you importing data and publishin into Service, you will have a high and fast perfomance to slicer and load visuals.

Definitely using Import as per below:

Untitled.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors