Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

joglidden2
Post Patron
Post Patron

Please explain how to share an App link

I want to share a link to an app, but when I go into the app and copy the URL in the address bar, it's like

https://blahblah/me/blahblahblah... 

Microsoft, this totally does not work! 

Where can I get the sharable, functional link to the app, while in the app, or anywhere, that actually works for someone other than me? Like, something I would send in an email. 

Telling people, "just go and search for the app in the 'Get Apps' portal, and here is the name" is not good. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
joglidden2
Post Patron
Post Patron

@Anonymous  Thanks for the confirmation on my research. Yes, I found out that you have to re-get the link after unpublishing.  I just think the PBI Service team ought to provide a way to get the sharable link without having to republish or update the app. No biggie. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @joglidden2 ,

It works well that  I use the link provided at end steps when I publish the new app. So did you get any error message when you use it?

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

joglidden2
Post Patron
Post Patron

@Anonymous  Thanks for the confirmation on my research. Yes, I found out that you have to re-get the link after unpublishing.  I just think the PBI Service team ought to provide a way to get the sharable link without having to republish or update the app. No biggie. 

You can click 'Update App', go to Permissions tab, expand Links and check the App link.

Then you can click cancel to not update the app.

This was exactly what I needed to find the link to the app. There is not need to unpublish. Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@joglidden2 hey have you tried this? Navigate to the app which you have just created in the URL path you can find the link ....this link also works the same way 
Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!👍
Regards,

Husna

joglidden2
Post Patron
Post Patron

BTW, I found one way to do it, is to update the app, and then at the end of that process, a window pops up with a sharable link. I guess I could save this link out somewhere, so that I don't have to update the app every time I need a sharable link. There has got to be a better way. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@joglidden2  you can make use of the link which comes after updating the app and save somewhere so that for handy purpose. But be carefull once you unpublish an app the link no longer works and you need to use the new link after creating an app

HusnaBanu413_0-1615013513729.png

Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!👍

Regards,

Husna

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors