Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mardin
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Pinned tile doesn't keep theme color

Hello,

I am pinning 3 visuals from 3 different reports to a Dashboard (1 from each report).

All 3 reports use the same Dark blue Theme.json file.

Pinned visual 1 (Line chart) carry over its dark blue theme colors

Pinned visual 2 (Bar/Line combo chart) carry over its dark blue theme colors

Pinned visual 3 (Bar/Line combo chart) DOESNT and show ugly green, yellow and red colors.

What am I missing? Why is the last visual not carrying over the theme colors from its report?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Mardin,

Could you try re-pining visual 3 and make sure the "Keep current theme" option is select for Tile Theming to see if it works? Smiley Happy

theme1.PNG

Regards

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

i need to show a dashboard on tv screens for colleagues in my company, data needs to refresh at least each 15' so i need to pin the single tiles to my dashboard in order to don't do that manually.

when i pin single tiles, 'keep current theme' options doesn't show (like other users), any one has some news about this issue?

like last users has suggested, i tried to export the .json file of my desktop report with 7zip, start a new dashboard, import theme for the dashboard from .json and then pin single tile but nothing change and no theme seem to be applied to the dashboard.

only way to keep my tiles format is to pin the entire report page but then i lose the auto visual update function.

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Mardin,

Could you try re-pining visual 3 and make sure the "Keep current theme" option is select for Tile Theming to see if it works? Smiley Happy

theme1.PNG

Regards

I'm having the same issue with colors changing on my dashboards, but I don't see the theming options when I go to pin visuals.  The window looks exactly the same as your screencap but the options in the bottom left are not there.  Why would that option not be showing up?

Can someone please update status on tile theme window?  It is NOT visible when trying to pin please advise

I can't see the tile theming option either. I hate the deafult theme. Why is this simple thing so hard?

Frustrated user!!!

Was this ever resolved? I don't have the Theme Option either.

tile.JPG

Sorry, for me it worked when I applied a Dashboard Theme to my Dashboard -before- trying to pin the item.

Can we get an answer to this?  I don't have the tile theme selection in the bottom corner either, HELP

Have you ever seen a situation where a user has selected the "Keep Current Theme" option and still had the pinned visuals change color (outside of the theme) when the dashboard refreshes?

That did the trick! I feel so stupid now, I didn't see the "Keep theme" selection when pinning 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors