Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RoyceLithgo
Helper I
Helper I

Pining a link to report page on Dashboard (not live page)

Somehow I managed to set this up on an earlier dashboard but can't remember how. When you click the tile, it jumps to the report page. I don't want a live page, i just want the graph icon and the jump to behaviour.

How can this be done?

11 REPLIES 11
RoyceLithgo
Helper I
Helper I

Interesting idea, I tried creating a hidden page with a random graphic on it. It showed the scaled grapic on the dashboard tile, but when clicking the tile to go to the report page, it opened the hidden one. This is not the desired functionality. I really want to be able to have the original functionality back which i had before. Not sure what MS did to create this problem. It's pretty stupid to create a live tile when the tile is resized so small that you can barely make out the content of it. They need to modify the logic of live tiles so only a graphic is displayed if the tile is too small to be legible. 

v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @RoyceLithgo,

What is your desired result? And could you offer more information about below sentense in your post?

i just want the graph icon and the jump to behaviour.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I am trying to reproduce what I originally had on the Dashboard - look at my screen shot.

There's a graph icon which when clicked on goes to a report page. Above the icon there's the refresh date which i enabled from the tile settings. This was all accomplished very easily the first time i built the dashboard but now i am unable to reproduce this tile. 

I think I know what happened.

Previously the Dashboard Icon's would not work or scale when made into the smallest size.
When this happened it then created the image above.
Since then it now does scale, and always shows the visual.

And that is why possibly you cannot reproduce that any more?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

I thought it might be something like that, which is why i did try scaling the tile but this is the smallest I could get it and the report still appears scaled inside the tile, which is pretty pointless because it's so small you can't read it.

Was something changed recently with Live page scalling?

It would be really nice to have an option to show an icon instead of the live page on the tile.

ps. this is how it looks now:

Hi there

Not as far as I know

I typically avoid pinning live pages to a dashboard because to me a dashboard should be that, with high level items.

Power BI Blog

I agree, but i was quite happy to have a dashboard tile to jump to the report page and also show the last refresh date to the Dashboard user. I never wanted a live page. 

Sounds good, possibly if you do not want there to be a visual. create a hidden page in your PBIX with the image you want on the dashboard.

Then pin that to the dashboard from the hidden page.

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

if I understand you do not want there to be an actual visual on the graph icon, but rather want it to jump through to the report?

If so you could put in an image URL as a dashboard tile and then link it through to the report page under the "Edit Settings"?

Power BI Blog

That won't display the last Refreshed date time as I previously had and also last time when I set it up I definitely didn't do it like as am Image URL.

Hi there

I am not sure how else to get it to display as you want?

It might have been a custom visual that was pinned to the dashboard?

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors