Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nsc
Advocate II
Advocate II

Pin visual not working for Power BI Desktop report content

Have published a report from Power BI Desktop built on a SSAS data source. Everything works fine expect for pinning visuals when I click the pin nothing happens (except the hover text shows up 'Pin visual'). Pin live page works.

If I create a new visual in the report from the web interface that can be pinned without any issue, however if I create a new visual that is an exact copy of an existing visual it cannot be pinned (nothing happes if I click it). If I modify an existing visual (e.g. change the data fields) it can be published (e.g. the pin to dialog box comes up and I can successfully publish to an existing or new dashboard).

Have anyone experienced the same behavior? Have seen it both with a report published to my own workspace and published directly to a shared workspace

1 REPLY 1
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@nsc I have experienced it couple of times but then other times it has been ok. I would suggest submit a ticket to PBI team or use send a frown from PowerBI and documet your experience.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors