Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

anselmojg
Advocate II
Advocate II

Pin visual icon greyed out

During the last few days, new reports published to an existing workspace (Premium capacity) show the pin visual icon greyed out.

anselmojg_0-1613390020951.png

It does not seem to be an access related issue as I happen to be the Admin of the workspace... Tried everything I guess could be related, like disabling and enabling back the visual headers.... Nothing seems to allow access to pin any visual in those new reports.

Other reports in the same workspace do allow pinning visuals.

5 REPLIES 5
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @anselmojg ,

See if below thread helps you:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Pin-visual-icon-is-greyed-out-inactive/m-p/1059797

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @anselmojg ,

Based on my test , even though I pin visuals from report that used the share dataset(have build permission on it), the pin icon works well.

The only case that the pin icon is grey is when I tried to pin visual from shared app.

Untitled picture.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @anselmojg ,

I can't reproduce your issue .Would you please show us more details about your issue? What's the visual type are you trying to pin to dashboard? Did the report is owned by the current account? Have you ever try to publish the report to other workspace and try again?

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Thanks again.... I agree with what you are saying and proposing... but the issue persists... Would it be possible to have a Teams session to talk and share screens? Or do we need to raise a formal incident for assistance?

Thanks Dedmon Dai,

There is indeed a pattern here that reproduces in the various Workspaces we have (hosted in Premium Capacity):

• For Reports with the Dataset hosted in the same Workspace, pinning visuals to a Dashboard works as usual
  • However, for ("thin") Reports connected to Shared Datasets hosted in another Workspace, pinning visuals is greyed out

The Workspace that host the Shared Datasets is also in Premium Capacity... We have admin access and "Build" permissions granted....

Any thoughts? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors