Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Alboy
Advocate I
Advocate I

Pin Visual Not Working

For some reason, pin visual has just stopped working. It was working 10 minutes ago but inexplicably it just stopped on all my reports. The icon is there but I click on it and nothing happens, seems to be the same on all reports. I have shut everything down and gone back in - same result. Even rebotted the machine and same result - has anybody come across this before?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nanda1986
Advocate I
Advocate I

I have the same problem. Found out that when I remove the title of the visual, it works.... (so you have to add the title in the dashboard). So this is a workaround, hopefully Microsoft fixes this issue soon!

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
davidamos
Frequent Visitor

Crazy that this still hasn't been fixed!

Agreed - this should be a simple fix for MS

awilson88
Regular Visitor

We are also experiencing the same issue in our envirornment. Mircosoft team please priortize this fix. 

Herbert_PowerBI
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for this Kudoed posting. Wasted a lot of time on this trying to find solution. This definitely helped

MortenDeleuran
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue - Every month i refresh all Visuals on the Dashboard, with new Filters - But the last week or so I have not been able to.
I even deleted the Dataset and report from PowerBi and republished - This did not help me. 

I am going to try the "Remove Title Fix" and will reply here if that solves it. 

Removing the Title solved it for me. 

GlenW
Frequent Visitor

Yup, this is definitely a problem. We have a production dashboard that now has broken visuals due to a recent deployment and we can't update to the new visuals because the Pin to Dashboard doesnt work.

I'm putting in a bug report.

davidamos
Frequent Visitor

Current workaround is publish without a title, pin to dashboard then republish with a title and pin to dashboard again. It works, for me at least, it is deceptively time consuming though.

Keitha65

I'm having the same issue - tried changing settings etc but still the same as other posters - must be a microsoft issue, its so frustrating

davidamos
Frequent Visitor

Same issue. Have tried Edge and Chrome. Really very annoying. Definitely a Microsoft issue.

nanda1986
Advocate I
Advocate I

I have the same problem. Found out that when I remove the title of the visual, it works.... (so you have to add the title in the dashboard). So this is a workaround, hopefully Microsoft fixes this issue soon!

Thanks, works for me too! Just edit the report in service, toggle the Title of the visual and the pin was able to work again

Thanks for the solution. It worked for me too!!!

Thank you! I had been looking for answers on this! I hope Microsoft fix this annoying issue!

You can also just disable and then re-enable the title of the visualization in Service: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Can-t-Pin-Visual-to-Dashboard/m-p/2875435#M178053

It worked, thanks for that - saved me a bunch of hassle on the 1st of the month!

Thanks for this - I've just tried it and it worked for me as well

I tried this and it worked. So bizzare. 

Appreciate the tip.

Alboy
Advocate I
Advocate I

So - an update. Have tried using Edge and exactly the same issue. After another reboot, the pin visual is working on tables and cards (but not all) but not on any chart visuals. It will also let me pin the page (but not a chart) so all this tells me it's not a permission issue or a dataset ownership issue - starting to feel like a Microsoft problem.....

I have the same problem...  Pin works on one card, but does not work on others...  Same formatting... Seems to be a glitch...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors