Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lancen
Employee
Employee

Pin Live Page with filters different than default

I have 3 different dashboards that can all use the same Live Page if I could only have each pinned instance have a different set of slicer options selected.  Is there a way to have each pinning of a live page have its own slicer options selected?

6 REPLIES 6
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lancen,

I test on my side without any issue, can you share some detailed information?

Below is the test steps:

1. Pin live page to dashboard.

2. Return to report view and edit the slicer choosen item.

3. Save the change and back to dashboard.

Base dashboardBase dashboardmodify the choosenmodify the choosenreturn to dashboardreturn to dashboard

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Xiaoxin,

Just to be clear.  The current report has a differnt set of slicers selected than the live page in the dashboard?  I know I can update the slicers via the method you describe.

What I'm looking to do using your example

1. Pin that page with Salesman 3 selected to one Dashboard
  2. Pin that page with Salesman 4 selected to another Dashboard
  3. The report itself in the end needs to have no Salesman selected while the above two pins continue to keep thier respective salesmans selected.

Thanks,

Lance

Hi there,

Happy to help. There's a trick to getting slicer selection to pin with the report. When you're on the report tab on the upper banner there's a button for editing the report. Select that (First Image) then make your slicer selection. When you go to select "Pin Report Page" it will ask you if you want to save your changes, select Save and Pin (Second Image). Do this for all of the slicer selections you want for each dashboard, and then once you're done pinning clear the slicers and save it back to the original default. Hope this helps!

Regards,
Reid

2017-03-07_1619.png2017-03-07_1619_001.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was looking for just such a solution. I tried out this method carefully more than once. Unfortanately I was not able to get it to work consistently.

Decision makers need to be able to easily assess different combinations of parameters on reports and dashboards and know which combinations there are assessing.

Analysts and developers need to be able to rely on the design environment to achieve this and to be able to create combinations easily.

My feeling is that this functionality is very important and needs further work.

Reid,

I tried your suggestion, but as soon as I save the report again all pinned page's slicer are set back to the last saved report filter selections. 

I made sure the pinned page from the report showed up with the slicer options I wanted when originally pinning the page so I can see that step 1 works, just step 2 does not keep the slicer options from step 1.

Thanks,

Lance

Well shoot, that trick used to work to "force" the page to have a certain slicer selection. Guess they caught on and fixed it. Sorry I couldn't have been more help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors