Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Uven

Phantom Data on Filter Selection

Hi something has changed with a recent update of Power BI.

We are using this for production reporting and analysis and now are seeing phantom data strings being added to category filters.

Please see attached picture. as you can see when you select the filter, there are some numbers ( dont know where they come from ) which are being added to the actual category these numbers are not in the dataset. It is appending some random numbers which are only visible in the filters.

How do I post a screenshot anyone ???

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

When you are editing/posting, you should see a "Photos" button with a little camera icon next to it. Click that and then drag and drop your image. I typically do a screen shot, paste it into something like Paint, save it and upload it. But I'm old school like that.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Those numbers are supposed to be there. They indicate the number of records associated with that filter value.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors