Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Personal gateway offline

Hello!

I've used the personal gateway for a months time now (using PowerBI Free), and up until the recent update, everything was working fine. After the update I noticed it said in PowerBI Service that my gateway (computer) was offline, even though the personal gateway says it's connected and good to go. I figured I'd try to uninstall/reinstall, where I ran into the partial uninstall problem. I fixed that by looking at some guids on the matter (regedit fix etc.), and I got the gateway installed again. However, it still says my gateway is offline. So I tried a reinstall yet again, this time installing (and running) as admin, but the problem seems to persist.

Does anyone have any clue as to what's causing this and how I can fix it? It's getting tiresome having to update the .pbix file locally and then re-publish just to get fresh data.

4 REPLIES 4
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Please check the event logs, and review if there is error message shown. If there is, please share the error message for further analysis. 

Best Regards,
Angelia

@Anonymous Did you recently install any type of security software? Are the ports that the gateway uses open? Check to make sure you are following all the guidelines in the setup article.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Seth_C_Bauer

Thanks for the reply, I have to check with the IT guys.

@v-huizhn-msft

Thank you. Where exactly can I find these?

Hi @Anonymous,

You can use Fiddler tool, which is a free tool from Telerik that monitors HTTP traffic. You can also click the log file on the navigation screen. More details about troubleshooting the gateway, please review this article.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors