Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nmichalesko
Frequent Visitor

Personal gateway data refresh failed

I have the on-premises data gateway setup on a Windows Server running 2012 R2 Standard. I made sure to uninstall the enterprise gateway to see if that would make a difference with this error. Whenever I attempt to refresh the data from the cloud Power BI service, either manually or scheduled, I'm getting the error message:

Cannot connect to the mashup data source. See error details for more information.

Underlying error code: -2147467259

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @nmichalesko,

Based on error message, it told that can't connect to the data source. Which type of datasource your used? Can you please provide more detail contents?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @nmichalesko,

I can't reproduce your issue, both two refresh all work on my side. Can you ensure any setting changes on your server device?

In addition, you can also check the mysql service state.

10.PNG11.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I'm connecting to a mysql database and using a custom sql query. The refresh works fine on the power bi desktop. Refreshing worked fine twice last week on my desktop but then suddenly stopped working on my desktop. Refreshing will still not work from the gateway once I installed it onto a windows server.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors