Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kassie

Personal Gateway not appearing

I have downloaded the personal gateway and installed it successfully. However if I go on to the BI web app, it does not appear under settings. The show Gateway toggle is also grayed out. Please help.
6 REPLIES 6
Tad17
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hey @Kassie 

Personal Gateways do not show up under "Manage Gateways" on Power BI Service. However, if you go to the dataset, click the "..." icon, then select settings you can view it's status in the "Gateway Connection" section.

This is the place you can toggle the "Use a data gateway" switch on and find and set up the person gateway.

If this helps please Kudo.

If it solves your problem please accept it as a solution.

Thanks! 😊

Thank you, but this is exactly my problem. It does not appear under the settings tab at all for selection. The toggle switch is also grayed out.

Ah. I see now. I experienced that my first time as well. I suggest uninstalling the gateway(s) and reinstalling it. If the issue persists trying installing the non-personal gateway to see if it shows up. Make sure you are installing the most recent version Here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-personal-mode about a third of the way down the page.

Thank you. I have already reinstalled it, but still... I'll try the other solution and let you know.

Hi @Kassie

Would you pls check whether the gateway (personal mode) has the same window authentication with your BI account?

Below are the limitations for personal mode gateway, pls check it.

Annotation 2020-01-31 125441.png

Here is the reference.

Best Regards,
Kelly

Thank you. I must say I am completely new to BI and everything that goes with it. I beleive I followed all the instructions, as mentioned on Microsoft's website, signed in everywhere with the same credentials etc. But I still experience the same problem. I connected to an SQL Server database on my desktop and everything works fine. I downloaded the latest personal Gateway signed in with the same credentials etc. I just did not understand the connectors tab and if I should point to the SQL database so I turned of the toggle button?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors