Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

maivarss
Employee
Employee

Personal Gateway migration error

I have recently changed computer, and tried to migrate my personal gateway to point to my new computer and not my old one, Migration seemed to work fine, and when going to Manage Gateways, my gateway is now stated as Online (see pic below). However, when trying to refresh / schedule refresh, I still get the message that the personal gatway is offline, despite it being online under Manage Gateways. I get the same issue with both old (e.g. uploaded before migrating the gateway) and new datasets uploaded (uploaded after gateway migration). Can you please help? I'm turning desparate here... GatewayOnline.PNG

1 REPLY 1
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@maivarss

The status in Gateway Settings is for on-premises gateway but not personal gateway. If the on-premises gateway is online, you can use it instead.

If you want to use personal gateway, you need to check the status by clicking the personal gateway icon in the lower right corner as following screenshot.

Personal Gateway migration error_1.jpg 

Best Regards,

Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors