Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ddalton
Resolver I
Resolver I

Personal Gateway doesn't launch on startup

I have created a shortcut to the Personal Gateway app in Windows startup folder (shell:startup) but it never launches on startup. I'm not expecting it to sign in automatically (, i.e., run as a service and sign in etc. as I understand that's essentially the role of the on-premises gateway) but I thought I could at least launch the app such that I could then manually sign in etc. 

Really, it's just a prompt for me to remember to sign into it. Is it possible that it won't launch on startup by design? I'm not sure how that would be enforced in the Windows OS but to be fair I don't really know a lot about how the OS works. 

2 REPLIES 2
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @ddalton 

Please refer to the following link, hope it can help you.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-launch-apps-automatically-during-login-windows-11 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks, @v-zhangti

I've essentially already run through those checks. I set the up using the "shell:startup" approach, and I've checked that it is listed as a startup app through the Windows 10 Settings > Apps > Startup but I still have to launch it manually. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors