cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nickgraves Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: [Personal Gateway Upgrade required] The On-premises data gateway (personal mode) is now availabl

@starmoonknight

No we have not tried to uninstall AS, (our systems are supported by an outside company & I am on holiday at the moment)

It happened as soon as we foolishly updated the gateway software.

Connections to all our other systems are ok, problem just with AS cubes and just through the gateway (both personal and standard modes)

Nick

pquezada Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: [Personal Gateway Upgrade required] The On-premises data gateway (personal mode) is now availabl

hey hi!

i have the same problem!

002232.PNG

i can connect with the SSAS. Power Bi see the cube, but not connet, and show me this error.

¿solution?

003.PNG

and the log gateway:

0111.PNG

ascendbi Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi @dimazaid,

Any chance we'll get feature parity and have Active Directory support via either Data Gateway? We are very dismayed right now that features that have worked since July 2015 are being removed and breaking all the Intelligence and work we have done. See my related posts about the new 10 GB Uncompressed Data limit imposed on the Data Gateway Refreshes that magically appeared without warning on June 1, 2017.

We have 125 Power BI Pro Licenses. We have now stopped buying them because my confidence has been eroded around what other limitations and restrictions will magically appear. It is clear that we are being funnelled to the Power BI Premium which represents a MASSIVE increase in cost for a company with 230 IT Users. I would feel better about it if I could actually determine if a P1 Node would solve my problem, but there is not test, no trial, no tools to evaluate, etc... Just a web site with a slider and a whitepaper. 

Sigh. 

klyhne Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I am not able to refresh my data via the Power BI Service. I have no issues refreshing data with Power BI Desktop.

We are using the On-Premises Data Gateway (Personal Mode) in the newest version.

The error I get when trying to refresh is:

Last refresh failed: Mon Jul 10 2017 08:15:08 GMT+0200 (Rom, sommertid) 
We reached the data gateway, but the gateway can't access the on-premises data source.
Cluster URI:	WABI-EUROPE-NORTH-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:	6fca8717-2ff8-44ad-b392-c0d011051cfe
Request ID:	e4ab4f72-9440-3d69-c6ae-88aa6f09adf8
Time:	2017-07-10 06:15:08Z

There is no further information about the error.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Regards,

Kristian

klyhne Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

We are not able to refresh our dataset via the Power BI Service. We have no issues refreshing in Power BI Desktop.

We are using the On-Premises Data Gateway (Personal mode) in the newest version.

Below is the error information in the Power BI Service:

Last refresh failed: Mon Jul 10 2017 08:15:08 GMT+0200 (Rom, sommertid) 
We reached the data gateway, but the gateway can't access the on-premises data source.
Cluster URI:	WABI-EUROPE-NORTH-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:	6fca8717-2ff8-44ad-b392-c0d011051cfe
Request ID:	e4ab4f72-9440-3d69-c6ae-88aa6f09adf8
Time:	2017-07-10 06:15:08Z

Any help is very much appreciated.

Regards,

Kristian

psheridan Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I upgraded to the On-Premises Data Gateway (Personal) now having issues with one of my connections (OLEDB). Tried all authentication options - basic, anonymous and windowswithoutimpersonation...no luck with any of these. Is there a known issue related to OLEDB connections? Please advise what I need to do to get my datasets rescheduled/refreshed.

Thanks

image.png

DavidL Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Live/Direct Query of OLEDB sources is not supported - could that be the issue?

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-gateway-onprem-indepth/

psheridan Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Yes, I think thats the issue (at least w/Personal Mode). I tried installing regular on-prem gateway as well and was able to input datasource information but whenever I clicked "add" nothing happened. Guess now I am stuck manually refreshing and publishing and hopefully a solution for OLEDB is implemented.

jickes Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I'm unable to get the new gateway to work.

I uninstalled the old gateway, but am receiving the below error when installing the new. I looked, and the pbiegwservice doesn't exist in my services. So i'm thinking it didn't get created properly? I've tried installing 5 times now, with uninstalling, removing folders, and restarting and still no luck. 

Failed to update gateway details. Please try again.
This request operation sent to net.pipe://localhost/powerbi/personalgatewayconfiguration/service did not receive a reply within the configured timeout (00:01:00). The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout. This may be because the service is still processing the operation or because the service was unable to send a reply message. Please consider increasing the operation timeout (by casting the channel/proxy to IContextChannel and setting the OperationTimeout property) and ensure that the service is able to connect to the client.

Server stack trace:
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DuplexChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.InternalContracts.IGatewayConfigurationService.UpdateGatewayConfiguration(UpdateGatewayConfigurationRequest request)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayClient.GatewayConfigurationClient.UpdateGatewayConfiguration(UpdateGatewayConfigurationRequest request)

dsynan Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@dimazaid I have a ticket submitted with the MS support team and they are researching my issue. I cannot get the personal on-prem gateway to install fully and it times out when it's trying to authenticate me as a user. My old Personal Gateway has already been uninstalled. Is there a link or download for the old version that I can use until 7/31? I'm hopeful I will be able to resolve my issue through the MS support team or my own IT helpdesk by then.