cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fenil Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: [Personal Gateway Upgrade required] The On-premises data gateway (personal mode) is now availabl

Raksha Bandhan, or simply Rakhi is a Hindu religious and secular festival.A collection of sweet messages you can send to your brother/sister on the auspicious occassion of Raksha Bandhan.
Please visit   Rakshabandhan Quotes

India is known worldwide for its rich heritage and cultural beliefs. For the richness and sweetness attained, the country pays tribute to various people who played an influential role in this attainment. There are many special days celebrated all over the nation to memorize these special people and their significant contributions..
Please visit  Independence Day Quotes

Highlighted
Iguberkov Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: [Personal Gateway Upgrade required] The On-premises data gateway (personal mode) is now availabl

I have exactly the same problem as @jickes. Got the notification to upgrade, thing didn;t go well. Uninstalled the old personal gateway, tried to install the new one and received the same error. Already tried several installs/uninstalls, restarts. Everything else was working correctly before, so your help on this one would be appreciated.

dsynan Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

This worked for me and was provided by the MS support team...

%localappdata%\Microsoft\On-premises data gateway (personal mode)\Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayCore.dll.config change the value to Https

<setting name="ServiceBusSystemConnectivityModeString" serializeAs="String">

<value>Https</value>

</setting>

Then kill the Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.PersonalGateway.exe process from task manager and restart configuration.

jickes Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Changing to HTTPS worked, but the refresh now takes considerably longer for my large datasets. This is not a fix, but just a workaround for now. 

I had to change to use the non-personal gateway. The personal mode gateway converted all of my connection strings to lowercase for some reason, so it was unable to refresh because of the case not matching drivers on my machine that it was looking for. This is a rediculous issue to have on a production solution....

Iguberkov Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

The approach provided by @dsynan worked for me & there was no negative effect on the refresh duration. Maybe my datasets are smaller & thus I cannot feel this slow-down.

In any case thanks for the help.

CodySigvartson Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

I have been using live stream data for the past couple weeks and everything has been working fine. As of yesterday (8/9/2017) when I try to upload data to the dataset I get a returned 500 internal server error. However I have not done anything different than I have been doing. What could be causing this sudden error? here is the exception that gets thrown:

Exception while sending to Power BI: System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 157.55.171.53:443
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataInternal(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data, WebRequest& request)
at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(Uri address, String method, String data)
at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(String address, String method, String data)
at BatchReportingService.Managers.BatchReportManager.SendToPowerBI(String employeeId, String jobFunction, DateTime timestamp, Int32 monitorCount, Int32 monitorCountGoal, String monitorType) in C:\Users\sigvarco\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\BatchReportingService\BatchReportingService\Managers\BatchReportManager.cs:line 221

dtran Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi PBI team,

After upgrading to latest personal gateway, I tried to set my authenication (which was 'Windows' in the previous version) but now I am only presented with 'Basic' or 'WindowsWithoutImpresonation'. I choose 'WindowsWithoutImpresonation' as it look like the 'Windows' authentication and was able to sign in.

2017-08-10_1313.png

HOWEVER, I can not able to refresh. Below is the error

2017-08-10_1305.png

I have uninstall/installed a few times but I'm getting the same error. 

Nothing has changed other than upgrading to the new personal gateway.

Please advise.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 251 members 2,417 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: