Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

benjikj_mcsp
Frequent Visitor

Personal Gateway Setup Issues

Hi,

I have tried to set up a personal gateway, but it doesn't seem to be working.

I have downloaded and installed it, and signed in (with my work account, same one I use Power BI for), and it all says it's ok. However, when I look on the app.powerbi.com, it does not say I have any gateways setup.

Am I msising some step here, what's going wrong?

Thanks,

Benji

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @benjikj_mcsp ,

>>So in fact, the Datasets/sources I was using couldn't use a gateway (was just a Python script), so there wasn't a gateway sections at all. However, I thought my gateway would still come up in the Manage Gateways page.

Personal gateway will not show in  manage gateways page. It will only show in the page of dataset settings. If there is no Personal Gateway in your dataset,it indicates that this dataset is not supported for Personal Gateway. Please try to use  On-premises data gateway.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @benjikj_mcsp ,

Would you please check if the gateway and power bi service was set in the same tenant. And you can find personal gateway in :

Capture.PNG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

If by tenant this is just the account, yes, the PowerBI account that I am logged in with is the same that I logged in with when I set up the gateway. If it's not just the same email account, how can I be sure I am using the same tenant?

Yes, I have been looking in that place you screenshotted, as well as rhe Manage Gateways page, and I am not seeing any Gateways.

Thanks,

Benji

Hi @benjikj_mcsp ,

What can you see in the screenshot I provide above? 

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Hi @v-deddai1-msft ,

So in fact, the Datasets/sources I was using couldn't use a gateway (was just a Python script), so there wasn't a gateway sections at all. However, I thought my gateway would still come up in the Manage Gateways page.

I have tried creating a new reports with a csv data source, and pubilshing that, and I can now see my Personal Gateway in that Gateway Connection tab, and it says it is running on my machine ID, however, I can still not see anything in the Manage Gateways page (that it directs you to in that screenshot to amke sure it's added into). Does it need to be in and configured in that Manage Gateways page for it to work?

Apologies, I am very new to Gateways, and there is not much info around about the Personal Gateway, more for just the On-Prem one.

Thanks,

Benji

Hi @benjikj_mcsp ,

>>So in fact, the Datasets/sources I was using couldn't use a gateway (was just a Python script), so there wasn't a gateway sections at all. However, I thought my gateway would still come up in the Manage Gateways page.

Personal gateway will not show in  manage gateways page. It will only show in the page of dataset settings. If there is no Personal Gateway in your dataset,it indicates that this dataset is not supported for Personal Gateway. Please try to use  On-premises data gateway.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors