Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

EvertonRR
Frequent Visitor

Personal Gateway - SSL certificate

Hi, 

I am having some issues when trying to connect to a MySQL database using a SSL certificate and a Personal Gateway.

When configuring a connection thought Enterprise Gateway I do have this option under "Advanced Configuration", however, when I am configuring the connection using Personal Gateway, this advanced configuration is not available, and I have to turn SSL certificate down in my MySQL database to make it work.

PS: I need to use personal gateway, because I have a Python Script transforming the data, what is not available in enterprise gateway as far as I know. 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am facing the same issue.

Trying to connecto to a MySQL DB on Amazon RDS.

The connection works fine in Power BI Desktop, but when trying to enter the credentials in the Portal it says "Access Denied".

Running the refresh through a personal gateway on the same machine.

Is there any solution/workaround apart from using the ODBC driver?

v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @EvertonRR 

Sorry, I can't replicate your issue on my side, could you please raise it to support team for better advice. thanks a lot!

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Support Ticket.gif

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors