cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robarivas Member

Personal Gateway - Multiple Computers

I've installed a personal gateway on my work laptop and my personal laptop (which I sometimes use to connect to my employer's network over VPN). Both gateways depend on my single account. What is the proper or best way to "toggle" between the 2 gateways? For example, do I need to physically uninstall one to use the other? How do I get my datasets to recognize both so I can easily choose which machine I want the refresh to run off of?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Personal Gateway - Multiple Computers

Hi @robarivas,

You can only have one Personal mode gateway running for each Power BI account. If you install another Personal mode gateway for the same account, even on a different computer, the most recent installation replaces the existing previous installation. For On-Premise gateway,  you can install multiple On-premises data gateways on different computers, and manage them all from the same Power BI gateway management interface.

Reference: Install the On-premises data gateway

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
yash1105 Member

I have configured the same datasources on both the systems. 
I go to schedule refresh page and manually select the one that currently is online. 

If you have a VM, install gateway on VM, configure your datasets their and login to VM, to make the gateway online. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @robarivas,

You can only have one Personal mode gateway running for each Power BI account. If you install another Personal mode gateway for the same account, even on a different computer, the most recent installation replaces the existing previous installation. For On-Premise gateway,  you can install multiple On-premises data gateways on different computers, and manage them all from the same Power BI gateway management interface.

Reference: Install the On-premises data gateway

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.