Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

deepu299
Advocate V
Advocate V

Personal Bookmark Limitations

There is a 20 bookmark limitation n Power BI Service per report, i guess it's per user. I have a report with around 30 report bookmarks and now when users try to create personal bookmarks on service, it just disappears when clicked on Save. The bookmarks not getting saved. Is there any limitation toes up with the report level bookmarks? And if anyone observed this issues, can you please let me know if there is any resolution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prateek_msbi
Regular Visitor

Having same issue. But after lot of effort found a very unexpected behaviour of Power BI. May be this is another bug with the latest releases in Power BI.

In my report, I'm using visual groups (check in selection pane). If there is any visual group hidden by default, then Power BI service is not showing Personal Bookmark list on that page. Weird and don't know how these two things are relating to each other.

BUT, there is more weird thing. On that same page you can see your personal bookmarks if you navigate to other page on the report which do not have hidden visual group and navigate back to that previous page, and MAGIC!, bookmarks will start appearing on that page too.

To me, it seems like Power BI bug only. This is not a type of limitation.

Let me know if works for you.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @NikhilG 

One of our users is not able to save personal bookmarks beyond 20? Is this a limitation? if yes can we increase the limit?

Came across this link https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-personal-bookmarks-in-the-power-bi-service/

The user is trying to save personal bookmarks on app and has more to save however unable to

Thank you in advance

@Anonymous It seems that we can create more than 20 Bookmarks, but can see only 20 bookmarks at a time on report and it is clearly mentioned on link you shared. Please raise your requirement as an idea in Power Bi community.

Annotation (1).png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @prateek_msbi so in that case where are these saved? as in if not visible but marked for more than 20?

prateek_msbi
Regular Visitor

Having same issue. But after lot of effort found a very unexpected behaviour of Power BI. May be this is another bug with the latest releases in Power BI.

In my report, I'm using visual groups (check in selection pane). If there is any visual group hidden by default, then Power BI service is not showing Personal Bookmark list on that page. Weird and don't know how these two things are relating to each other.

BUT, there is more weird thing. On that same page you can see your personal bookmarks if you navigate to other page on the report which do not have hidden visual group and navigate back to that previous page, and MAGIC!, bookmarks will start appearing on that page too.

To me, it seems like Power BI bug only. This is not a type of limitation.

Let me know if works for you.

@prateek_msbi  Thanks for pointing out the bug. If you can explain better for Microsoft team, please submit an issue in issues forum

nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

I wasn't aware of any limitations there.

I tried it myself and also got to 20 personal bookmarks. Strange things happen however if you add another one and then delete one of the existing ones. After a few seconds Bookmark 21 gets added.. Smiley Surprised

It also works if you add multiple bookmarks and delete a few afterwards. Pretty strange behaviour if you ask me, just found a nice feature bug.

image.png

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as a solution!
My blog: nickyvv.com

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

@nickyvv I think, we can create more than 20 personal bookmarks, but Personal Bookmark List has capability/limitation to show only 20. That's why it is happening and Microsoft marked the same as limitation.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors