Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ninsights
Helper III
Helper III

Persistent Filters with Power BI Embedded in Teams

My users view their Power BI dashboards in Teams and they want to show these dashboards to their clients once per month on a Teams call. There are two dashboards. Each dashboard contains information for 4 clients and they don't want any client seeing the names/information of the other clients.

So, they filtered the firsat dashboard (embedded in Teams) for one client name. They then went to the second dashboard and filtered that dashboard for the same client name and figured they were prepared for the client review call. The problem is, when they go back to the first dashboard, the filter for the client name has not "stuck" and all 4 clients information is showing.

How do we make these filters persist (stick) in Teams? I found the following on the Microsoft site but it doesn't say where you put this script.

Persist.jpg

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

"My users view their Power BI dashboards in Teams and they want to show these dashboards to their clients " 

IANAL but that sounds like a potential license violation.

"Each dashboard contains information for 4 clients and they don't want any client seeing the names/information of the other clients."

Do not do that. Have separate reports for separate audiences.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors