Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

chudson
Helper IV
Helper IV

Persistent Filters Disabled Not Working in Power BI Online

Hi,

I have "Don't allow end user to save filters on this file in the Power BI service" checked in my pbix file and showing online in the report settings but it doesn't seem to be working in my Power BI Online workspaces.  To restore i always have to select "Restore to default" which shouldn't be the case, I don't want these book marks saved as I toggle through the reports.  Does anyone know why?  It basically defaults to a current bookmark every time going back in or to other reports in other workspaces that share the same book marks which i don't want to have to hit restore to default each time.

chudson_2-1619029995981.png

chudson_1-1619029806581.png

chudson_0-1619029785715.png

Thanks,

Chris

2 REPLIES 2
chudson
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi @v-cazheng-msft 

I already have “Don’t allow end user to save filters on this report” enabled in all my reports but I do have buttons with bookmarks created in a .pbix files and published to the service for the end users to toggle between some views. The issue here is if a user clicks one of the buttons, then goes into another report or workspace, then comes back into the same report the bookmark button is saved and opens to that instead of the default report landing page it’s saved on. The only way it will not default to the button bookmark is if the user exits out of their browser and opens up a new window.

Any ideas on why or how to fix this? I’ve only noticed this fairly recently but have had button bookmarks in my reports for years and have not noticed this occurring before.

Thanks,

Chris

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @chudson 

If you enable ‘Don’t allow end user to save filters on this report’, Power BI reports will not automatically retain the filters, slicers and other data view changes made to the reports. If you get the same result as test 1 after uploading the report, then your setup is successful. Otherwise, any changes to the filters on the report will be automatically saved and it reappears when reopening the report.

Test 1:

Make changes to the filters on the report:

v-cazheng-msft_0-1619419460693.png

Re-open the report and filters are not saved:

v-cazheng-msft_1-1619419460700.png

Test 2:

However, if users create a personal bookmark and make it as default. Every time the user opens the report, the default bookmark page will be opened. If create a report without making it as default, every time the report is opened, the default report page will be open without the influence of bookmark.

v-cazheng-msft_2-1619419460705.png

v-cazheng-msft_3-1619419460709.png

Best Regards

Caiyun Zheng

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors