Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

fcolossi
Frequent Visitor

Persistent Filter on PBI Service

Hello there, I'd like to know how to unset a visual filter on PBI Service that was previously set when I created the app.  I changed the desktop file, uploaded it again and updated the app but the filter keeps on. How to set it off as default?

Filter.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks @Sumanth_23 and @Greg_Deckler for your suggestions.

I realized it was happening just for me and on different browsers and devices so it shouldn't be a cache issue. Turns out it was a customization issue: I had a personal bookmark set as defaut on PBI Service. Updating it just did the trick.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sumanth_23
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

hi @fcolossi  - do you have edit access to the report - you could go open the report in "Edit" mode and then clear the filter and save the report back to service. 

Also try the "Reset to default" button to clear our any existing report settings. 

Sumanth_23_2-1600163045007.png

Sumanth_23_3-1600163087994.png

Please mark the post as a solution if my comment helped with solving your issue. Thanks! 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thanks @Sumanth_23 and @Greg_Deckler for your suggestions.

I realized it was happening just for me and on different browsers and devices so it shouldn't be a cache issue. Turns out it was a customization issue: I had a personal bookmark set as defaut on PBI Service. Updating it just did the trick.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@fcolossi - This can be a cacheing issue I believe. Try clearing the browser cache.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors