Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jeffprandall
Helper I
Helper I

Permissions to execute stored procedure

I am trying to executive a stored procedure which executes another stored procedure to decrypt some data.  I get the unecrypted data but all the encrpyted data is blank.  I have made sure both SP's have the Execute permission using the account used in the Gateway credentials along with the service account the gateway service is running.  And when the Scheduled Refresh happens there is no errors.

5 REPLIES 5
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jeffprandall ,

You can refer to the related blogs and documents provided below, hoping to help you.

vhenrykmstf_1-1626674863325.png

Always Encrypted - SQL Server | Microsoft Docs

Power BI and SQL Always Encrypted (linkedin.com)

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information screenshoot and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The database itself is not encrypted just the data in the column.  The stored procedure makes a OPEN SYMMETRIC KEY and DECRYPTION BY CERTIFICATE to unencrypt the data.

Hi @jeffprandall ,

Is your problem solved, do you need further help? Looking forward to your reply.

If the problem has been solved, you can mark the valuable reply as the correct answer to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Henry

No it still does not work.

jeffprandall
Helper I
Helper I

jeffprandall_0-1626373782096.png

Permissions ran - top user is the service account, bottom user is a SQL Account used in Gateway Credentials (tests do pass)

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors