Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nwoolen
Frequent Visitor

Permissions error shared dashboard

I've shared a dashboard with severa users. One of the users is getting a permissions problem saying the dataset is RLS secured. This is a SSAS cube but all users are sharing the same readonly role and this users permissions are no different. The only thing I can think of that was an issue is that the user tried getting content prior to having permissions to the dataset granted. Access to the same dataset as the content on the dashboard is not an issue. I can recreate the report content and it works fine, however the removing and sharing the dashboard doesnt resolve the permissions error this user is receiving. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nwoolen
Frequent Visitor

Just a follow up on this issue if it happens to any other spas users. It does appear to be a timing issue. Last night the user received the rls permissions error but this morning everything is working as expected.

just have to wait this out. I suggest making sure users are setup in advance of any dashboard sharing.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
nwoolen
Frequent Visitor

Just a follow up on this issue if it happens to any other spas users. It does appear to be a timing issue. Last night the user received the rls permissions error but this morning everything is working as expected.

just have to wait this out. I suggest making sure users are setup in advance of any dashboard sharing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors