Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

msperri
Regular Visitor

Permissions - Adding a large number of users in one go

Hi,

I'm seeking a little guidance in efficient ways to grand access to a dashboard.

I have an organisation which requires a couple hundred additional users to be granted read access to a dashboard and I am wondering whether there is a way to do so without singular entry of each user. 

Also, if so, is there a way to make to do this but in a dynamic way, so that access is also revoked when users leave the organisation?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @msperri,

You may consider granting permissions by groups. In Power BI, you could share by groups of people except to individual users. For Power BI is built on Microsoft 365, so there are four kinds of groups from Microsoft 365 are allowed to be added including Microsoft 365 groups, distribution groups, security groups and email-enabled security groups. Once users added into a group, they will obtain corresponding permissions given to the group itself.

For how to create a group and add members to it, you could refer to Create a group in the admin center - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Learn.

Share Power BI reports and dashboards with coworkers and others - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please let me know. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @msperri,

You may consider granting permissions by groups. In Power BI, you could share by groups of people except to individual users. For Power BI is built on Microsoft 365, so there are four kinds of groups from Microsoft 365 are allowed to be added including Microsoft 365 groups, distribution groups, security groups and email-enabled security groups. Once users added into a group, they will obtain corresponding permissions given to the group itself.

For how to create a group and add members to it, you could refer to Create a group in the admin center - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Learn.

Share Power BI reports and dashboards with coworkers and others - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please let me know. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors