Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ScottFerguson
Helper II
Helper II

People who can Administer this gateway

I receive the following error when attempting to add a User in the User Tab of on-premise gateway

Something went wrong  Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details. Activity ID64d9d809-e737-4d8d-b5a8-5eec262cec42 Request IDb1c0e598-9bf4-f389-cb17-f5a30c7142d1 Correlation IDb0803db3-530e-b6e8-0fdb-64d8d8742143 Status code400 ecsCorrelationId64d9d809-e737-4d8d-b5a8-5eec262cec42 TimeSat Sep 16 2017 19:19:41 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time) Version13.0.2436.200 Cluster URIhttps://wabi-south-central-us-redirect.analysis.windows.net

7 REPLIES 7

@ScottFerguson Is the user part of your tenant? Have the same domain extension on the email (UPN)?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hi.

@ScottFerguson is my forum user name. I did check the email associated with it and revised it to match the tenant email address. I will check the status of On-premise Gateway and let you know if it chnages. Currently it is still offline. I installed Personal Gateway and it is working without issue.

I successfully logged into the On-preimise Gateway this morning and the following message appears, "[gatewayname] is configured correcttly but is unreachable due to local network connectivity issues."

@ScottFerguson Check your firewalls and walk through the troubleshooting guide - here

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer I had reviewed the troubleshooting guide previously. Unfortunately it is vague. For instance - one step is to "Whitelist IP addresses in your firewall for Azure".

The list contains over 3,000 IPs.

This is where the guide stops.

How do you add 3,000 IPs to your firewall?

If only a subset needs to be added, how do you determine the subset and again how does one go about adding the susbset to their firewall?

@ScottFerguson (By doing the @ -> your username here on the Community it prompts a notification or "mention" of you) My first question was related to your issue, not your username here 🙂

Thanks for clarifying

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors