Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Passing values through URL from Power BI report published on Power BI Service to Report Builder

I am working on Paginated Reports. I have a situation where I need to pass the values from Power BI report which was published on Power BI service to Report Builder as parameter values through URL. Could someone help me out in achieving this task?

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi srikanthgunnam,

I'm afraid report builder only support local and website datasource(like Odata), report builder doesn't have a connector which can connect to power bi service dataset like in power bi desktop, in your senario, you can use power bi desktop instead.

111.PNG

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

No, I am not talking about the data source connection. I would like to pass the parameters to the report builder report from the Power BI app that was published to Power Bi Service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can try using the query string method to pass parameters. Below link has details.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-url-filters

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors