Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MP_123
Employee
Employee

Passing parameters to the report URL

hi, is it possible to pass paramters to the report URL?

for example to directly slice on October .. 

is it possible?

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@MP_123 Wow, yeah...  I was a little off here. I was thinking SSRS integration with Power BI... Most likely a leftover conversation in my head from this week. - Sorry!

In the Service the report slicers/filters will stay as the selected filters if you save the report with those selections.

I'm not 100% on whether or not this is achiveable in the Service... I know you can pass in filters to an Embedded report. You can find a quick sample outlined by Adam Saxton in his video he just released yesterday - here

He gives you access to a sample where you can set filters and pass them in to the report, and the code to go along with it.

Hopefully this answer is more applicable 🙂

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

@MP_123 Nothing I know of allows us to do this. I have the same request thinking about furthur future integration. Here is a current idea to vote up. It looks like this one has the most votes, and the comments align with this request.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

actually i don't understand why this idea is what i asked Smiley Frustrated maybe i'm wrong.

i want to give users direct link to the report, with the filters that i want them to see

i saw something with

&?filter eq 'Month'

but it doesn't work for me and i don't know if this is the right syntax or when can i find it.

thanks!

Hi @MP_123,

I just tested it on my side, and I can still pass parameter to the report URL. The syntax should like below.Smiley Happy

ReportURL?filter=tableName/columnName eq 'value'

Regards

http://localhost:83/reports/powerbi/Opportunity%20By%20Count%20and%20Amount?filter=FactOpportunity/Nature eq 'adhoc'

I am Trying to solution above url In Report server but Filter Not working

I guess this link you could solve your questions, my friend:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-url-filters/

It was very useful to me.

@MP_123 Wow, yeah...  I was a little off here. I was thinking SSRS integration with Power BI... Most likely a leftover conversation in my head from this week. - Sorry!

In the Service the report slicers/filters will stay as the selected filters if you save the report with those selections.

I'm not 100% on whether or not this is achiveable in the Service... I know you can pass in filters to an Embedded report. You can find a quick sample outlined by Adam Saxton in his video he just released yesterday - here

He gives you access to a sample where you can set filters and pass them in to the report, and the code to go along with it.

Hopefully this answer is more applicable 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors