Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Passing URL filters to hidden report in navigation menu

Hi

When the app navigation menu was launched it was possible to open reports with URL filters that were hidden from the menu.

Now the report opens in a new tab ( as before) but it is not loading. I get "Building your app..." message, but the report never opens. If I make the report visible in the navigation menu, the report loads.

Building your appBuilding your app

Why? Do you have any solutions for that?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous ,

You can setting custom web url as 'report url' and 'url filter' as navigation url. It will opens that report with url filter.( I can open links with report filter without any issues)

Filter a report using query string parameters in the URL

BTW, have you install that app to you apps panel? I think it is impossible to open a report link without correspond permissions.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I need to be more specific.

I have an app that has 2 reports. "Report 1" points to "Report 2" using filter parameters to the URL to pre-filter the report. I do not use drillthrough.

FilteredURL.png

Everything works ok, as expected, "Report 2" opens in a new tab with pre-filtered data.

However if I hide "Report 2" from the navigation menu, when I click the URL icon in "Report 1",  a new tab opens, but "Report 2" is not loading, no data is displayed, I get the "Building your app" message, but the report never renders.

Navigation.PNG

BuildingYourApp.PNG

Do you know why this is happening? Why hiding a report from the app navigation menu is causing this behaviour?

Remark: "Report 2" opens, even when it is hidden from the menu, if there are no URL filters. I need it to work when there are filters.

Hi @Anonymous ,

I think this issue should more related to hide report page feature. It seems like hide page feature will block access requests when you try to use url link to redirect hidden pages:

Report View in Power BI Desktop#hide report pages

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors