Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jinm
Regular Visitor

Partner name

Can we get vendor code selection apart from vendor name. As some of English name of vendor is not correctly so much,only the vendor code is unique

7 REPLIES 7
jinm
Regular Visitor

can we select the vendor by vendor code same as vendor name? As some English name of vendors are not correctly so much , Only vendor code is unique。

And search function is not workable,only can find vendor in drop-down menu

Hi @jinm,

Which feature of Power BI are you using in this case? Could you post some screenshots on it? Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi there, do you have more details around the Vendor Code or English name?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi,add some detail information here:

1,In China,Most of our vendor company only have formal legal Chinese name which is Trade and Industry Bureau registered, English name is only translated from Chinese name and the translation was done by themselve always. So ,English name is not formal legal name.

2, English name can not be the only identify logo for an company,And,It's easy for initation 。

3,Many local vendor companys in China have some branch subsidiaries,almost all of subsidiaries are legal entities . And ,sometimes, all of subsidiaries use same English name. 

In normal way, we need to use vendor code to identify vendor companys uniqueness. So ,suggest to add vendor code information 

Hi @jinm,

In normal way, we need to use vendor code to identify vendor companys uniqueness. So ,suggest to add vendor code information  

I am not sure Are you using some Power BI Content Packs, and there is no vendor code field can be found to be used as a Slicer? Or you're create your own reports, and struggling with using vendor code column in your mode as a Slicer? Smiley Happy

Regards

confirm my concern is "there is no vendor code field can be found to be used as a Slicer

jinm
Regular Visitor

0620.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors