Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

xichiza
Frequent Visitor

Parameter fields and Power BI Service

Hello guys,

Does anyone know if the May 2022 new feature "Parameter Fields" works on Power BI Service?

On my side, it does work on PBI Desktop but then when I deploy online the visual is not working anymore.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
AlexandreGielow
Regular Visitor

Hi, have the same problem here, don't found any solution yet 😕

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @xichiza ,

Although It's not clearly stated in the documentation but currently this is a preview feature and may not be implemented on Power BI Service yet.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

I experienced the same problem with one of my datasets online. Initially, when I publish the Field Parameter-driven slicer, clicking on slicer selections has no affect on the visuals using the parameter value. However, I entered "Edit" mode online, click a few slicer buttons - which still didn't change the visuals - clicked back to "Reading" mode SAVING my changes, and it then started working again. I can confirm this with two separate browsers - Edge Beta (v102 base) and Chrome (also v102), with a video of me showing it not working in Chrome, editing the report, saving back to reading mode, and it then functioning as expected. Others in my organization were able to have it working for them without editing the report. Hope this helps others figure out what's going on. Love the feature. Can't use it as is if fails like this for everyone.

The problem with this is that FOR ME at least, when I then close the browser (Edge or Chrome), and open it back up to the same report page, the feature is no longer working as it did before. I have to go through the Edit process once again to get it working. I'm waiting to hear from others in my organization to see if they're experiencing the same problem, and if so, then this is truly a "preview" feature and not ready for production reports.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors