Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ebianco
Helper II
Helper II

Paginated reports parameters not visible for end-users

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with paginated reportes published as part of an app workspace.

I created a simple report, with 1 parameter connected to a Power BI dataset (which lives in the same app workspace as the report). This dataset has RLS.

I was able to verify that if my users connect directly to the dataset or a Power BI report (not paginated) the RLS works correctly, but when the same users open the paginated report the parameter bar does not show up, and thus the report is not processed/run.

My users are accessing the report both through the app or through the "shared with me" screen, though my preference to be aligned with all other reports in the organization is to access only through the app.

Appreciate if anyone has any guidance / idea of what could be happening.

Thanks Esteban

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ebianco
Helper II
Helper II

We got this issue resolved, it was not working due to Chrome having 3rd party cookies disabled.

By whitelisting the follwing 4 sites it solved the issue and the parameters pane shows correctly now:

[*.]microsoft.com

[*.]microsoftonline.com

[*.]powerbi.com

[*.]windows.net

Thanks

Esteban

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ebianco
Helper II
Helper II

We got this issue resolved, it was not working due to Chrome having 3rd party cookies disabled.

By whitelisting the follwing 4 sites it solved the issue and the parameters pane shows correctly now:

[*.]microsoft.com

[*.]microsoftonline.com

[*.]powerbi.com

[*.]windows.net

Thanks

Esteban

chrisfin
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

RLS shouldn't have anything to do with whether the parameter pane is showing or not.  Do you have the same issue with other paginated reports where the parameter pane isn't showing as expanded?  

Would ask you file a bug for this with CSS so it can be properly tracked and investigated as I don't have this issue in the environments I am testing against.

Thank @chrisfin , I'll file a case.

This is actually the first paginate report I've ever done in Power BI. I tried with a new one though, connected to a SSAS Tabular model but the users are having the same problem with the parameters pane not showing.

Thanks, Esteban

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors