Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

abpgupta
Post Patron
Post Patron

Paginated report link change for change in Workspace

Hi All,

With using deployment pipeline, we have 3 workspaces where we have to publish Paginated report and update data source and update URL inside PBI Desktop report. This doesn't look efficient and more manual publishing and changing PBIX report workspace to workspace.

Is there any better way to manage integration of Paginated reports with Power BI Reports solution? I am looking for

• Way to change source dataset for workspace where Paginated report resides so that I don't need to change in rdl and publish. 
  • If there is way to use name of report within workspace to pass parameters since url changes with change in workspace.

Please advise if anyone dealt with this situation and way handled.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @abpgupta ,

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

Hi @v-eqin-msft 

Unfotunately, this doesn't help answering my questions on paginated reports.  

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @abpgupta ,

To my knowledge, the essence of pipeline is two create additional copies of the workspace. This allows you to create different versions of the original workspace.

Regarding to refresh, they are just like separated workspaces, you need to assign the gateways to the datasets in each stage. Data in the target dataset is kept when possible. If there are no changes to a dataset, the data is kept as it was before the deployment.

Please take a look at this discussion :

3.17.3.deployment.PNG

Refer to :

Why you should care about Power BI Deployment Pipelines – Data – Marc

Deployment pipelines, the Power BI Application lifecycle management (ALM) tool, process - Power BI |...

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors