Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

abpgupta
Post Patron
Post Patron

Paginated report Publishing Search for Workspace

Hi All

While Publishing report to Workspace, there is option to search for reports but not for workspace. Please advise if there is any plan to provide search option for Workspace as well  since with so many workspaces (DEV, UAT and Prod for each area), I think this is a required functionality to make publishing process easier.

Thanks for inputs!

2 REPLIES 2
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @abpgupta ,

Based on your description, I think you can try using Powershell the way you want. It retrieves a list of Power BI workspaces that match the specified search criteria and scope. By default (without the -first parameter), it shows the top 100 workspaces assigned to the user.

Get-PowerBIWorkspace
   [-Scope <PowerBIUserScope>]
   [-Filter <String>]
   [-User <String>]
   [-Deleted]
   [-Orphaned]
   [-First <Int32>]
   [-Skip <Int32>]
   [-Include <ArtifactType[]>]
   [<CommonParameters>]

For more details, you can read related document link.

Get-PowerBIWorkspace (MicrosoftPowerBIMgmt.Workspaces) | Microsoft Docs

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Henry for reply. However, I am referrring to Report Builder interface to publish Paginated report to workspace in Power BI Service. 
the interface doesn't have search box for Workspace. It's only available for report name. 
ideally it should pick report name automatically from file name and have search box for Workspace to publish. 

hope I am clear now. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors