Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

oj606481
Frequent Visitor

Paginated Reports with Oracle DB Connection Type

Greetings, I am using Power BI Report Builder to generate a report using Oracle DB as the connection type.

It runs fine on my local machine, but when published to the server I get the displayed error when trying to access it. The "Additional steps are required to view this report" link brings me this this page Power BI gateway and Report Builder support for ODBC data sources (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft D... , which outlines how to configure and use ODBC with paginated reports. 

We have explored and configured this option, but it does not perform as well as the Oracle DB connection type when connected to our Oracle database.

So far we have confirmed the 64 bit ODAC 12.2 is installed on the host server, following the instrutions here [Oracle Connection Type (SSRS & Power BI Report Server) - SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) | Micr...to register the ODP.NET Managed Client to both the GAC and machine.config.

We have Power BI reports that use the existing Oracle connection just fine on the server, so not sure what next to try in resolving this. Any help will be apreciated, and should more details be required I will provide.

Screenshot 2021-09-06 185946.png

4 REPLIES 4
rbrocks
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Was there ever a solution to this? I am having the same issue. It works locally but once I publish it, I cannot seem to get it to work with same error. I believe I have the gateway configured the same as I do locally but perhaps not. 

ASingh1511

Hi, 

I am facing the same issue, did you find any solution for it ?

Regards,

Aarti

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @oj606481 ,

Does a similar solution help you.

Solved: Paginated Reports, Not all variables bound - Microsoft Power BI Community

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-henryk-mstf ,

Thank you for your replay, and apologies for the delay in my response. That solution does not help in this regard.

Below is the full error message received when I try accessing the report with Oracle Database as the Connection Type.

An unexpected error occurred

A data source used by this report returned an error. An exception encountered while creating the target data source Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.

We have Oracle 12c installed, along with the 64 bit ODAC 12.2.

Based on the error message it is having difficulty finding the .Net Framework Data Provider, which unless I am mistaken would be the ODP.NET covered in the ODAC installation. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors