Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Paginated Reports based on Power BI Dataset- Connection Issue

Hi,

I have a paginated report for which the source of data is Power BI Dataset. The report is published as part of APP and open to all users. Some users are okay to connect and others get this error.

dimsandfacts_0-1600426626543.png

If it fails for all ,Ii understand but it is loading for some and not for others. I have checked premium capacity and there is no memory or cpu issues.

What could be the potential reason? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
RakeshSinghr
Resolver I
Resolver I

The users for whom report is erroring - has it ever worked for them?

If yes, then it could be other infrastructure related issues otherwise it could be security/access to dataset.

Install Power bi premium app and check for memory usage/cpu times/errors.

Paginated reports require a dedicated space within memory and i have noticed out of memory issues in the past. Try restarting your capacity to see if it helps..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks i have tried all of those but not able to triangulate the issue. 

I have seen the log files there no trace of "report fail to load" for those user who encountred the isssue.  Any idea where we might get more details on how many user being affected like this ?

One of the Metric App on Paginated reports shows "Failures" but no further details. 

regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks , I have already went through the Capacity App and the Audit logs no pointers there. I was alteast hoping to see the failure entries in the log but did not find any in the time brackets I am interested. 

In the paginated report page of the Capacity app, I did notice some failures but I cannot find any more details of why it occured.

dimsandfacts_0-1600439672678.png

It just shows failures and MS document also says the same in the page below. Not sure where else we can look for details to track down those fails? 

dimsandfacts_1-1600439810429.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors