Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Paginated Reports, an unexpected error

I have successfully uploaded paginated reports to my workspace and connected them to an SQL Server. The workspace is assigned to premium capacity and I have a pro licance and I am the owner of the workspace. I have added mambers to the workspace and made it avalible internal within the company but no members of the workspace or internal users can see the reports. When they try to open one of them, it says that they do not have the access to view them. The only way for me to allow users to see the paginated reports is to add them as admin. I do not want all the people viewing the reports to be admin which allowes them to change everything?? Is there away to get around this? Thank you for your help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for reporting this issue. This issue has been fixed for a few week now.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your replyes, I did have a skype metting with microsoft support this week and they are trying to figure out what is wrong. I have no problems with reports created in Power BI, everyone in the organisation can see them because the workspace is assigned to premium capacity. Members of my workspace can see the paginated report but if they try to open them the error message is "They do not have access or it has been removed". Only the members I give admin rights can open the paginated repors and see them.

Thanks for reporting this issue. This issue has been fixed for a few week now.

jtarquino
Employee
Employee

To validate I just tried the scenario you described myself , would you mind to provide more details

Do the people you have invited as member can see the paginated reports?

If so and it fails to render can you provide the correlation ids from the error dialog

Can you try the same scenario with power bi desktop reports.

Thanks

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

If I understand your scenario correctly that you create a report which data souce is SQL Server and publish the report to the app workspace which is owned by you and assigned with Premium capacity, and now the member cannot see the report until you give admin permission to them?

If it is, that's really strange.

Please check if your report is configured with RLS firstly.

If you don't configure the RLS and still have this issue. Please let me know more details below.

Which app workspace do you use? The new app workspace which is managed in Power BI Service or the app workspace which is managed in Office 365?

Will you have this issue if you publish the report to the app workspace which is not assigned with Premium?

In addition, if it is convenient, could you share the setting of the app workspace so that I may find the cause.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors