Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Paginated Reports - User!Language built-in field does not work in workspace?

Hi,

In and RDL/Paginated report I exposed the textbox with expression =User!Language so that I can see the language selected by the user in their browser. Sadly, when I publish the RDL/Paginated report to Power BI workspace the textbox keeps showing me "en-US" even though I'm changing the language in browser (tested on Chrome and Edge). When I publish this RDL/Paginated report to Power Bi Report Server it displays correctly the language.

Is it a known issue for Paginated reports in powerbi.com? Is there any other approach that I can take when I want to handle multi-lingual / "translatable" paginated reports in powerbi.com?

Cheers,

Artur

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @lbendlin 

thanks for sharing the MSFT doc but where does it state that User!Language is a known issue for Paginated reports in powerbi.com? Or you just stated that based on your experience? Just want to understand if I need to keep digging further.

Cheers,

Artur

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors