Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Paginated Reports - Usage Metrics - Where are they?

Hi All

I wish to use of paginated reports running in a premium capacity enabled workspace, and cannot see availability of a usage metric report.

For non-paginated reports i.e. regulare PBI reports the following is available which shows me usage:

Usage Metrics.png

Paginated Reports do not have the usage metrics option:

Usage Metrics Not.png

Any ideas on how I get usage of paginated reports by:

• Report Name
  • User
  • Date/Time

Thanks

Adam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Anonymous 

As a workaround, you can try to use the Audit log to extract the Power BI log information (Report or dashboard reviewed), and then filter for individual report usage to obtain the desired results. In addition, you can also make a Powershell to extract Audit logs into a CSV file, and then use the CSV file as a data source for Power BI reports.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
hyong13
Regular Visitor

Hi,

You may create a dummy Power BI report and publish it to the workspace where paginated reports are located, then View usage mertics report on the dummy report. All paginated reports usage should show up in usage metrics database.

I hope this help. 

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Anonymous 

As a workaround, you can try to use the Audit log to extract the Power BI log information (Report or dashboard reviewed), and then filter for individual report usage to obtain the desired results. In addition, you can also make a Powershell to extract Audit logs into a CSV file, and then use the CSV file as a data source for Power BI reports.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-easonf-msft 

That will certainly work. 

I do think however that paginated reports should be up-lifted to have the same type of out of box reporting available as their PBI brothers and sisters. Hopefully that's in the backlog?

Cheers

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors