Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tommy_g
Helper V
Helper V

Paginated Reports - Running Heads don't seem to "run"

Attempting to create my first multi-page report. 

The structure is simple: grouping on Fleet Name, followed by a column header row and multiple line items.

I want the top-level group (Fleet Name and column headers to repeat on following pages.

I get nothing.

Tablix settings do not seem to have any effect:

Paginated running heads - Tablix settings.PNG

The first page:

Paginated running heads - page 1.PNG

The second page, note there is no running head for the group (Loblaw Ajax), nor the column header row. That is the problem.

Paginated running heads - page 2.PNG

Looking for pointers on how to make this work as intended, the report without group/column headers is very difficult to read.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @tommy_g ,

Is your data region a table? If so, please refer to this post.  

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tommy_g ,

Please right-click the row, column, or corner handle of a tablix data region, and then click Tablix Properties.

In Column Headers, select Repeat header columns on each page.

image.png

For more information, please refer to: Display Row and Column Headers on Multiple Pages (Report Builder and SSRS) 

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I tried both options and see no change. I have "groups", the top-level which I want to be the "header" and the second level as the detail row. Perhaps I'm wrong in assuming "group = header". How does one declare a header?

Paginated Groups.PNG

Note this from the official documentation. This must be part of my problem, when I click I do not see dotted lines or other indicators. Therefore "depends on whether.... group headers..." I'm guessing I don't have any. 

tommy_g_0-1628561926451.png

Hi @tommy_g ,

Is your data region a table? If so, please refer to this post.  

Best Regards,
Winniz

This is very helpful, yes it is a table. I now know that "data region" is something more expansive than that. The article you cited is my next goal. At present, I'm only thinking "horizontal", probably from decades of banded report writers. I need to add a column group first, as that is where the "repeat" option is accessible.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors