Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tommy_g
Helper V
Helper V

Paginated Reports DAX for multi-select parameter

I am integrating a Paginated Report into my Power BI app. I have successfully linked my slicer values with the report paramters.

I have no problem with a single selection. However, I know I have to do something more to get a multiple select filter to work with the DAX query.

First screenshot shows my desired result. a report which include three parameter values. (currently only the first parameter is in effect)

Paginated multi-select parameter desired goal.PNG

The Parameter Value text is created as follows: 

Paginated multi-select parameter list.PNG

DAX Parameter substitution:

Paginated multi-select parameter DAX.PNG

What I need is a way to expand the parameter to include all values, similar to the join used for the text box. The parameter works when I trim it to "Parameters!Fleet_Name.Value(0)". 

I need to figure out where and how to deal with a multi-valued parameter.
In T-SQL I would use an "in('a','b','c'). I probably need to find a DAX equivalent

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tommy_g ,

Check if this topic could help.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/DAX-for-PowerBI-Paginated-Report-Multiple-Values-Selected/m... 

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tommy_g ,

Check if this topic could help.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/DAX-for-PowerBI-Paginated-Report-Multiple-Values-Selected/m... 

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

I was hoping for a personal DUUHHHH, in that I was missing something totally obvious or making a simple syntax error. Sadly not, this is apparently an issue where Paginated for Power BI fails due to complexities with DAX. I have verified via SSRS that multiple parameters work exactly as advertised. I hope PBI catches up.

I will accept your pointer to RSCUSTOMFILTER as the closest possible solution, thanks.

tommy_g
Helper V
Helper V

Adding context, basically I need to get from Exhibit A to Exhibit B. I've tried joins, string manipulation, etc. No luck.

What I get from Power BI:

Paginated multi-select enumerated list.PNG

What I need to get me here in Report Builder:

Paginated multi-select parameter DAX.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors