Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

danderson2692
Resolver I
Resolver I

Paginated Reports - Cannot Subscribe Others In App

Hello,

I'm running into an issue with paginated report subscriptions in a premium app. I am not able to create new subscriptions or modify existing ones with the alert than "you cannot subscribe others because you are not the owner", however my account is a Power BI admin, owns the workspace, and was used to publish both the paginated report and the underlying dataset. I've tried using a second admin account to re-publish the dataset, report, and app but receive the same error. Existing subscriptions where we already subscribed other people to receive the report on a weekly basis are still working and sending subscriptions to everyone however the subscriptions show that if they're updated, they will be removed from the subscription list. I believe this issue began about a month ago.

I am able to subscribe users to the report if I do it by opening the report through the workspace rather than the app.

I've looked through other threads to look for any other hints on what could be causing the issue but am drawing a blank. The report and dataset don't have any RLS and we aren't using a live connection to Analysis Services.

Any suggestions on how to alleviate these issues would be appreciated.

Thanks,
David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It looks like this bug has been fixed in an update since I tried checked on Thursday. I am able to set and update subscriptions to other accounts for paginated reports in an app.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
danderson2692
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hey Bradsy,

When I look at the app owner, it shows the Power BI workspace ("David's Test Sharepoint") as the owner rather than showing either account that I've used to publish the app or the underlying dataset or paginated report:

paginated report.PNG

My account is set as the paginated report's contact via the workspace settings:

paginated report settings.PNG

If I look at a standard Power BI report in the same app, I see the owner is the user ("Power BI Admin") who published the dataset and report last rather than the workspace:

power bi report.PNG

I see the same issues whether I use my account or the admin account (Power BI Admin) after publishing the paginated report, its underlying dataset, and the app. My account is the owner of this workspace and both are admins in this workspace.

David

It looks like this bug has been fixed in an update since I tried checked on Thursday. I am able to set and update subscriptions to other accounts for paginated reports in an app.

bradsy
Employee
Employee

Hi David - It looks like you might not be the App owner? If you are the App owner, this would probably be an issue, you can try the "Get Help" option from the upper right corner.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors