Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SEMattis
Advocate II
Advocate II

Paginated Report using Power BI service Data Source

Hej!

I'm trying to build a paginated report using a data set that I have produced as part of an app recently released. I am trying to use the same logic used in two of our Matrix visualisations (Which work) to produce the paginated report using a Matrix visualisation. However, when I am trying to run the query I get the error message that: "No rows found. Click to execute the query". 

Or when it actually loads data and I am able to run the query I get an additional error stating:

TITLE: Power BI Report Builder
------------------------------

The connection either timed out or was lost.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. (System)

BUTTONS:

OK

The connection either timed out or was lost. (Power BI Report Builder)

Program Location:

at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.XmlaClient.EndRequest(Boolean useBinaryXml)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.XmlaClient.SendMessage(Boolean endReceivalIfException, Boolean readSession, Boolean readNamespaceCompatibility)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.XmlaClient.ExecuteStatement(String statement, IDictionary connectionProperties, IDictionary commandProperties, IDataParameterCollection parameters, Boolean isMdx)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.XmlaClientProvider.Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.IExecuteProvider.ExecuteTabular(CommandBehavior behavior, ICommandContentProvider contentProvider, AdomdPropertyCollection commandProperties, IDataParameterCollection parameters)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdCommand.ExecuteReader()
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.QueryDesigners.ASDesigner.QueryBuilderClientControl.QueryExec.ThreadExecution()

===================================

The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. (System)

Program Location:

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.HttpStream.<GetResponseStream>b__134_0()
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.HttpStream.ImpersonateLogonIdentityAndExecute(Action action)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.HttpStream.GetResponseStream()
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.HttpStream.GetResponseDataType()

What I am doing wrong? Are my data sets too large or do I need to recreate the relationships between the tables in the data source when using the report builder? 

Thankful for answers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

I think the issue is related to this calculations in Power BI Desktop.

Best Regards,

Giotto

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-gizhi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

Do you have a calculation in Report Builder?

If so, please re-create it in dataset and pull the same to the Report Builder.

Best Regards,

Giotto

Hi,

@v-gizhi-msft 

No I do not have a calculation that I have made in the report builder. I have on the other hand calculations that I have made in Power BI desktop that are part of the data set I'm using as the data source for the paginated report. 

Could this be an issue?

Regards,

Mattis

Hi,

I think the issue is related to this calculations in Power BI Desktop.

Best Regards,

Giotto

Hej Giotto,

I think you were absolutely right. I used DAX Studio to analyze my queries and used the Studio to develop a query resulting in a table which I then imported into Power BI report builder and then published the report to PowerBI Service and added it to my app. Works great and our endusers are very happy :). 

Have a good rest of the week!

//Matt

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors