Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Paginated Report - remove cascading parameters

Currently I have three parameters that I want to use - Point of Sales, Sales channel, and Payment method. When I use them all as parameters the report never loads, which might be due to the amount of data needing to be processed for each parameters. 

I wanted to try to not have cascading parameters (to not let the parameters filter eachother) - but how do I go about that? 

There only seems to be tutorials outlining how to add cascading parameters, not how to remove them...

3 REPLIES 3
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Check the document.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/report-design/add-change-or-delete-a-report-parameter-report-builder-and-ssrs?view=sql-server-ver15#to-delete-a-report-parameter 

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it helps, below is the Query in Report Builder. The bold part are the parameters that I DO NOT want to be cascading although they seem to be.

"DEFINE VAR vFromExportDatumFullDate1 = IF(PATHLENGTH(@FromExportDatumFullDate) = 1, IF(@FromExportDatumFullDate <> "", @FromExportDatumFullDate, BLANK()), IF(PATHITEM(@FromExportDatumFullDate, 2) <> "", PATHITEM(@FromExportDatumFullDate, 2), BLANK()))
VAR vFromExportDatumFullDate1ALL = PATHLENGTH(@FromExportDatumFullDate) > 1 && PATHITEM(@FromExportDatumFullDate, 1, 1) < 1
VAR vToExportDatumFullDate1 = IF(PATHLENGTH(@ToExportDatumFullDate) = 1, IF(@ToExportDatumFullDate <> "", @ToExportDatumFullDate, BLANK()), IF(PATHITEM(@ToExportDatumFullDate, 2) <> "", PATHITEM(@ToExportDatumFullDate, 2), BLANK()))
VAR vToExportDatumFullDate1ALL = PATHLENGTH(@ToExportDatumFullDate) > 1 && PATHITEM(@ToExportDatumFullDate, 1, 1) < 1
EVALUATE SUMMARIZECOLUMNS('Försäljningskanal'[Kategori], 'DimFörsäljningsställe'[Försäljningsställe], 'Betalsatt'[BetalGrupp], 'DimFörsäljare'[Namn], FILTER(VALUES('ExportDatum'[FullDate]), (vFromExportDatumFullDate1ALL || 'ExportDatum'[FullDate] >= DATEVALUE(vFromExportDatumFullDate1) + TIMEVALUE(vFromExportDatumFullDate1)) && (vToExportDatumFullDate1ALL || 'ExportDatum'[FullDate] <= DATEVALUE(vToExportDatumFullDate1) + TIMEVALUE(vToExportDatumFullDate1))), RSCustomDaxFilter(@FörsäljningskanalKategori,EqualToCondition,[Försäljningskanal].[Kategori],String), RSCustomDaxFilter(@DimFörsäljningsställeFörsäljningsställe,EqualToCondition,[DimFörsäljningsställe].[Försäljningsställe],String), RSCustomDaxFilter(@BetalsattBetalGrupp,EqualToCondition,[Betalsatt].[BetalGrupp],String), "Antal_Betalning", [Antal_Betalning], "SUM_BetalningExMomsfritt", [SUM_BetalningExMomsfritt], "SUM_BetalningBelopp", [SUM_BetalningBelopp], "SUM_Momsfri", [SUM_Momsfri], "SUM_BetalningMoms", [SUM_BetalningMoms])"

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've checked those resources, is there anyone in particular you could direct me to?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors