Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Paginated Report not working

Hi All

Since PBI doesn't send report as email, i opted for paginated report. The below steps are what i followed

1) Downloaded Power BI Report builder.

2) Added Oracle datasource and tested Successfully.

3) Have a SQL Query that worked in TOAD and in the report builder. Report executed successfully.

4) Save the .rdl file locally.

5) Went to PBI Service and navigated to the workspace i created-->getdata-->file-->and the report was loaded.

Issue

When i clicked on the report i am getting the following message

Unable to render paginated report

There was an error contacting an underlying data source. Manage your credentials or gateway settings on the management page. Please verify that the data source is available, your credentials are correct and that your gateway settings are valid. Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.Show technical details Get help

Trouble Shooting : Navigated to Manage Gateways  and checked the connection , it was successful, but sill not able to get to the report.
Capture629.PNG
Please advice.
Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi bkan,

If you are still having this issue on running RDL report then please use the "Copy Details" from the error dialog and provide the details. This specific error message is associated with not setting the correct Gateway setting in the report's settings page. If set correctly, the report will either render or provide another error message if failing to render.

Thanks,

Rohit

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MuditMittal

Unable to render paginated report. There was an error contacting an underlying data source. Manage your credentials or gateway settings on the management page. Please verify that the data source is available, your credentials are correct and that your gateway settings are valid. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Do I need to define the data source settings everytime I upload the new report. Is this can be automated or defined in RDL file itself to use the correct data source along with gateway. Thanks

v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please check the setting of this dataset whether it has been mapped to this gateway.

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yingjl Thanks it is mapped.

hi bkan,

If you are still having this issue on running RDL report then please use the "Copy Details" from the error dialog and provide the details. This specific error message is associated with not setting the correct Gateway setting in the report's settings page. If set correctly, the report will either render or provide another error message if failing to render.

Thanks,

Rohit

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous moved to Power BI Service forum post.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors