Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Paginated Report not showing recent data

I have a premium per user license. 

I have a paginated report which calls a stored procedure. The result is 1 million records when I do a select all for the 4 parameters I have in the report. But the report only returns 1400 records. I read it could be from a cache of the previously running instance.

When I ran report few minutes later, it again produced a different result for the same set of parameters, a few mintutes later another result. I don't know how to see what is there in cache and how to deactivate it. 

My end result is to achieve 1 million records and export them when I select all the parameters. The backend query every time returns the same number of records.

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

If you are using Power BI Premium you can use the Premium Metrics App

Power BI Premium Metrics app - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

When a paginated reports runs it will only return the data required to fill the paginated report page.

If you had to export the data it would then return all the data. Just be aware that if your dataset is very big it might run out of memory trying to export 1M rows..

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Many Thanks Gilbert. 

Could you please tell where can I check the available memory ? 

What is strange in my case is, every time I run the report it gives me result with different number of pages in the paginated report, the same selection returns 32, 52, 118 pages , in the backend in all the time the data is same. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors