Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

elaine_dunwoody
Advocate I
Advocate I

Paginated Report does not display image URL as image

I have power bi dataset that has a column with the image URLs. I'm trying to add this to show in the paginated report. I've tried both External and Database, but it wouldn't display the image in the report builder. Any ideas what I should do?

This is one of the URL. https://app.procore.com/utilities/prostore_local/3b9acf45b83457f152d5b3b4fb642c86d79b 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @elaine_dunwoody ,

Could you please try to open the pbix file on Power BI Desktop? Check if it works well? 

You can check the consideration of this function first:

• The image needs to be in one of these file formats: .bmp, .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png, or .svg
  • The URL needs to be anonymously accessible, not on a site that requires a sign-in, such as SharePoint. However, if images are hosted on SharePoint or OneDrive, you may be able to get an embed code that points directly to them.

I have also found some similar posts.

cannot display image in paginated report. 

URL Images Won't Display in PowerBI Online 

• Converting  images to Base64 instead of using images stored in SharePoint.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @elaine_dunwoody ,

Could you please try to open the pbix file on Power BI Desktop? Check if it works well? 

You can check the consideration of this function first:

• The image needs to be in one of these file formats: .bmp, .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png, or .svg
  • The URL needs to be anonymously accessible, not on a site that requires a sign-in, such as SharePoint. However, if images are hosted on SharePoint or OneDrive, you may be able to get an embed code that points directly to them.

I have also found some similar posts.

cannot display image in paginated report. 

URL Images Won't Display in PowerBI Online 

• Converting  images to Base64 instead of using images stored in SharePoint.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors