Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ObstinateOwl

Paginated Report - Works in Report Builder but Shows Blank Page when Published

I have a paginated report that I developed in the PowerBI report builder. It runs properly there with no issues. However, when I publish it to my organizations premium service it just generates a blank page. It will show the report as loading for a bit, but then just nothing. No data, no errors, nothing. I've tried publishing to different workspaces but that had no effect. 

If someone has any suggestions on what is happening or how I can further troubleshoot it would be greatly appreciated. 

10 REPLIES 10
UTHAYA
Frequent Visitor

1. Checkout the parameters in datasets same as created parameters (namingconvention is same in both).

2. The parameters datatype mismatch in report that also show report blank.

UTHAYA
Frequent Visitor

I have a paginated report that I developed in the PowerBI report builder. It runs properly there with no issues. However, when I publish in producion webapp. It will show the report as blank page with heading and footer.But  Data available in that report but show blank page, no errors, nothing. I've tried publishing to local workspaces but that works correctly. 

If someone has any suggestions on what is happening or how I can further troubleshoot it would be greatly appreciated. 

theonexcent
Frequent Visitor

Did you ever find a solution to this? I am having the same issue where I am able to run and get data locally in the builder butm in the service it gives me blank reports.

Hi, 
Please try the below:
1. Go to data source connection and re-authenticate the connection using your account and then try running the report.

2. If any of the parameter's available values not matching with your default value (or passing through application), the report will show just blank instead of showing error. So check your default or passing value to any parameter with the available values matching.

Thanks.

I beleive I had finally found the issue that caused the blank page before I had given up on this particular report. It has been quite some time though so my memory is pretty rusty. If I recall correctly, it had something to do with cascading parameters that used queries to populate values/select defaults. When I removed those it was able to successfully run. I was never able to find a way to make the parameters work the way I needed though. 

It was very strange because I had used this same approach with no issues in SSRS and even locally in the PowerBI report builder. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ObstinateOwl wrote:

I have a paginated report that I developed in the PowerBI report builder. It runs properly there with no issues. However, when I publish it to my organizations premium service it just generates a blank page. It will show the report as loading for a bit, but then just nothing. No data, no errors, nothing. I've tried publishing to different workspaces but that had no effect. 

Which Power BI License do you hold?  If you have a PowerBI Prem User you should be able to do this.

You can also use PBRS as it has no limitations.

ObstinateOwl

Sure thing, the data source is an on-prem SQL Server database accessed through a gateway. The part that is really baffling me is that I have other paginated reports that use the same data source which run with no issues. 

Hi, I am facing the same error in power BI Services. The paginated report works fine in local. but it's showing blank pages in power BI services.
I am using my Pro accout to deploy the report. Other reports are running fine accept one report with no data.

Kindly suggest to resolve the issue. 

issue with the parameter that show the report  blank.....check the parameters and datatype of parameters in datasets used.

AbhiSSRS
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Could you please let us know on teh Datasource used? Possibly your Datasource isn't working when deployed to the service. If its on-prem then please look for any Gateway Issues.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors