cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ObstinateOwl

Paginated Report - Works in Report Builder but Shows Blank Page when Published

I have a paginated report that I developed in the PowerBI report builder. It runs properly there with no issues. However, when I publish it to my organizations premium service it just generates a blank page. It will show the report as loading for a bit, but then just nothing. No data, no errors, nothing. I've tried publishing to different workspaces but that had no effect. 

If someone has any suggestions on what is happening or how I can further troubleshoot it would be greatly appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3
RBnNC
Helper I
Helper I

@ObstinateOwl wrote:

I have a paginated report that I developed in the PowerBI report builder. It runs properly there with no issues. However, when I publish it to my organizations premium service it just generates a blank page. It will show the report as loading for a bit, but then just nothing. No data, no errors, nothing. I've tried publishing to different workspaces but that had no effect. 

If someone has any suggestions on what is happening or how I can further troubleshoot it would be greatly appreciated. 

Which Power BI License do you hold?  If you have a PowerBI Prem User you should be able to do this.

You can also use PBRS as it has no limitations.

ObstinateOwl

Sure thing, the data source is an on-prem SQL Server database accessed through a gateway. The part that is really baffling me is that I have other paginated reports that use the same data source which run with no issues. 

AbhiSSRS
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Could you please let us know on teh Datasource used? Possibly your Datasource isn't working when deployed to the service. If its on-prem then please look for any Gateway Issues.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Power BI Dev Camp - June 24th

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!